Machine Learning Engineer
Velti is recruiting a Machine Learning Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- In Velti we believe that success is driven by constant innovation, R&D and investment in the technology trends. To achieve this we are enhancing our product line and solutions with sophisticated, artificial intelligence algorithms, machine learning and big data analytics. We also believe that a collaborative, creative culture, where every employee feels inspired to innovate and achieve is essential for our success. We therefore invest in the creation of a challenging, dynamic working environment that offers a versatile learning experience to our people as well as significant opportunities for advancement. We have a team of experienced, talented and friendly developers and data scientists with a problem-solving attitude and a commitment to customer satisfaction. It is good to work with people with such a strong focus on getting things done!
- Our Data Science team is looking for talented Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists who have the confidence and expertise to contribute to projects directly affecting the profitability of major enterprise customers. We are building ML-driven solutions for marketing, sales and operations for multiple industries, including telecommunications, entertainment, retail, and hospitality.
We work on outlier detection, recommendation engines, churn prediction, lead scoring, next best action, customer segmentation. Information extraction, data integration and data cleaning form key aspects of our work. Our software and models are used to improve the bottom line of our customers in measurable ways. The Data Science team is new, so you will be able to impact our technology stack, which will include Python apps based on PostgreSQL and Spark, as well as R for model building.
We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team and deliver high-quality software projects. In this role, you will design, develop, test and deploy software that addresses customer project requirements using appropriate machine learning techniques, from Logistic Regression to Boosted Trees to hierarchical clustering to SVM to deep neural networks. Good communication with business stakeholders, including project and account managers, is a must.
- Creating, testing and developing intelligent software systems that use machine learning and other AI and data science techniques for marketing and operations automation according to customer needs.
- Building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models to power such automation systems.
- Perform appropriate data gathering, data integration and analysis operations both as part of initial data exploration and experimentation and to deliver an end-to-end working software system.
- Writing high performance code for customer delivery.
- Researching new techniques and tools.
- Co-operating with stakeholders of the projects (project managers, presales and sales team) for solution formulation, insight generation and data-driven decision making.
- (Occasionally) making client presentations.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree.
- Strong Machine Learning knowledge.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer, with at least two (2) years of experience delivering working software to customers.
- Strong knowledge of Python.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Experience with basic software development processes and tools (Agile development, git, JIRA).
- Exposure to Advanced Data Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview).
- Ability to work under tight timelines for multiple project deliveries.
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and facility with algorithmic thinking.
- Ability and interest to understand business requirements.
- Fluent English.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science.
- Experience with ML and Deep Learning frameworks such (e.g., PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.).
- Experience with Big Data frameworks (e.g., Spark, Flink).
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis) and/or search engines (e.g. ElasticSearch).
- Experience with distributed computing platforms (e.g. Spark).
- Experience with at least one Advanced Data Visualization tool (e.g., Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview).
- Industry experience in telecoms.
- Experience in a consulting firm in the analytics/data science or related practice.
- Professional experience with marketing data science and/or customer analytics.
- A Private Health Insurance plan.
- Clear reporting lines, allowing fast process in a friendly working environment.
- Work from Home policy.
- Excellent career opportunities and chance to grow.
- Respect of work-life balance.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.