Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Logistics Manager, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring all logistics related activities in the project and providing support to medical assistance activities, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the project.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the definition and follow-up of logistics activities in the project, in conjunction with other project managers in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the targeted population.
- Ensure and monitor the implementation of logistics/technical activities in the project.
- Implement all administrative related activities linked to logistics (orders, insurances, vehicle contracts, etc.).
- Participate in the planning and implementation of the logistics staff in the project in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities.
- Ensure technical reference for all logistics/technical issues in the project and provide coaching to logistics staff under his/her responsibility.
- Define and monitor technical aspects of the project risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification and preparation of the technical aspects of the project security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, perform day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the Project Coordinator any problem that may arise.
- Assist the project Coordinator in the Emergency Preparedness planning of intervention ensuring that all related technical aspects for its implementation are constantly monitored and updated according to the context evolution.
- Education: Essential secondary education, technical diploma or technical university degree desirable.
- Experience: Essential two years (at least) of working experience in logistics related activities. Working with MSF or other NGOs desirable.
- Languages: Greek and English essential.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential.
- Teamwork: Intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month contract (high possibility of indefinite extension).
- Location: Lesvos.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Logistics Manager Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail: email@example.com.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Logistics Manager Lesvos” in the subject line of the e-mail.