Logistics Coordinator Assistant
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Logistics Coordinator Assistant, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator in specific activities and assuming some delegated tasks, according to his/her instructions and MSF standards and protocols, in order to ensure a proper logistics management in the capital and providing support to logistic activities in the projects.
Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment
- Planning and supervising the logistics within the coordination base (repairs, equipment maintenance, stock management, cleanliness…), in order to ensure the best operational working conditions in the capital.
- Organizing and supervising the fleet of vehicles in the coordination base (driver's schedules, vehicles maintenance, vehicles registration and insurance, fuel consumptions, etc.), in order to ensure coping with the transportation and movement needs.
- Assisting the Logistics Coordinator with the checkup and supervision of the proper functioning of the computers and other communication and IT equipment, in order to ensure a continuous and appropriate flow of information and communication.
- Ensuring repair and maintenance of generators and power back-up systems as well as cold chain equipment, water pumps and other technical equipment used or stocked in capital and informing the Logistic Coordinator in case of any further needs concerning technical equipment, in order to have everything running adequately.
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator in the planning and ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training), and participating in any emergency activity or exploratory visit, in order to ensure giving appropriate assistance to the population.
- Informing the Logistics Coordinator in case of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will ease decision-making.
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures.
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity.
- Providing monthly activity report and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all required documentation is in order.
- Acting as a focal point for the proper function of the department. Systems and procedures in place; adequate tools are used.
- Acting as a focal point regarding the reporting of the department. Gather different technical reports from Coordination and Projects and provide a good analysis of the indicators and the narratives.
- Essential AEI/TEI degree or other certificate from Technical school.
- At least 2 years in related jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGO.
- Desirable experience in administration and recovery of backups (MS, C&A, Veritas, etc.).
- Essential working knowledge of English and Greek.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary : According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private health insurance.
- Duration: 3-month contract (high possibility for indefinite extension).
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "Logassist" in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις