Local Procurement Lead
Accenture is recruiting a Local Procurement Lead, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.
If you join Accenture, you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture Technology provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
- Within the Europe Procurement Plus organization delivering for Accenture internal client, Greece and Bulgaria Cross Categories procurement Lead will oversee sourcing and contract management activities for Greece and Bulgaria, and also be responsible for defining category strategies for the respective locally owned categories.
Category Strategy & plan
- Set up Greece and Bulgaria cross categories local targets in alignment with global/regional/local P+ and category goals.
- Work with local business stakeholders to understand local business requirements.
- Actively participate in category community calls and foster team spirit at local level.
- Assess internal and external data to support locally owned strategy development.
- Ensure Category Management team is informed of local category strategy and targets.
- Implement the Global & Regional Cross Category strategy for Greece and Bulgaria local projects and initiatives.
- Build the Sourcing Strategy and Manage all over process related to the Category of Contractors in cooperation with Local Stakeholders and in line with the Business current needs.
- Identify with Regional Category Leads sourcing projects in line with the global/regional category strategies.
- Create and maintain local sourcing pipeline through spend analysis and regular stakeholders meeting.
- Facilitate the roll-out of global/regional/local sourcing initiatives within the Greece and Bulgaria.
- Leverage the standard Sourcing methodology to achieve significant value in sourcing, negotiation and contracting.
- Provide support in upfront market research and supplier identification for all sourcing projects.
- Draw up technical specifications for local sourcing projects based on stakeholders’ requirements.
- Design and develop relevant RFP documents for projects in line with global/regional strategies ; when applicable, use e-sourcing & e-auctions tools.
- Perform supplier selection for local projects and negotiate commercial proposal with suppliers for local projects, and as determined by category management team for global and regional projects.
- Prepare a recommendation report for stakeholders as a decision tool to help them selecting supplier(s).
- Award supplier(s).
- Negotiate and deploy supplier’s contracts, including best practices metrics & SLA, in collaboration with Legal department.
- Ensure implementation Local Country Addendum of global/regional agreements.
- Ensure compliance with local legislation and Accenture internal policies.
- Manage supplier’s contract signature by both parties.
- Store suppliers signed contracts into contracts repository & archiving tools.
- Build the supplier documentation monitoring process for Contractor Category in line with local Legal requirements and in cooperation with CX (Contractors Exchange Team).
- Create supplier(s) in purchasing system assessing the right buying channels (catalog, Buy on Contract, Ariba Network, IQN etc…)
- Promote usage of negotiated contracts and monitor adoption rate to it.
- Maintain preferred suppliers list.
- Cooperate with CX (Contractor Exchange) team in relation to overall life cycle process of Contractors.
- Identify key Cross Category stakeholders for Greece and Bulgaria.
- Manage internal stakeholders’ feedback on category organization & supplier performance.
- Proactively organize sessions with internal customers to identify value contribution opportunities.
- Liaise with multiple departments (Category, Procurement, Legal, Operations) to ensure communication paths remain open.
- Provide an escalation point for sourcing challenges.
- Promote greater use of Global or Regional Strategic Providers.
- Manage local supplier relationships in line with Global Category and 360 Value Mgmt. strategy.
- Manage local suppliers portfolio in the Contractors Category.
Deploy & adhere to global procurement process
- When applicable, support development of global end to end procurement process, templates and tools.
- Ensure the highest level of compliance with local legislations, regulations and Accenture policies with the support of the Procurement Plus Risk team.
- Review KPI related to the categories (PSL usage, Contract compliance, Radix health, saving target,…) and take the proper actions.
- Knowledge of Procurement work.
- Strong analytical, presentation, communication (written & oral), interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and a proactive customer-focused approach.
- Forward and solution minded, team player and with high degree of self-management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, adopt a flexible approach and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Comfortable navigating in a multicultural and broad environment and with all levels of the organization.
- Greek Native, Fluent in English, spoken and written and another European language would be highly appreciated.
- Knowledge of Greece specificities (market, law, suppliers, taxes etc…).
- A high level of knowledge Bulgaria specificities will be considered a plus.
- A bachelor`s degree with emphasis on the areas of business, economics, procurement or comparable professional education.
- 5 years working experience in Procurement or related functions (Controlling, Finance etc which had interrelationship with procurement) preferably in the commodities in scope with the accent on Technical Contractors including:
- Ability to understand client requirements and executing Procurement strategies to meet those requirements.
- Experience in sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management.
- Good understanding of Procurement processes.
- Good understanding of relevant industry.
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- At Accenture, we believe in bringing the best to our clients through continuous learning & improvement – from basic skills to industry-specific content – available to all our people.
- Career coaching and mentorship to help you manage your career and develop professionally.
- Performance Achievement – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across a variety clients.
- Opportunities to get involved in corporate citizenship initiatives, from volunteering to doing charity work.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
- To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website accenture.com/gr-en/.
- Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.