OPAP is recruiting an Litigation Lawyer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The lawyer’s role is to represent the Group in legal disputes and court proceedings (civil and penal), while proactively assisting / counseling the Group to avoid possible legal risks.
- Represents the Group in civil and penal court proceedings at least before Courts of Appeal.
- Reviews and analyzes claim documentation. Studies and prepares judicial cases.
- Examines the legal implications on litigation disputes and recognizes litigation risks.
- Analyzes and reports on litigation issues. Drafts legal opinions.
- Drafts legal papers, including case- related correspondence, briefs, declarations, etc.
- Protects the Group against legal risks and violations by evaluating different risk factors in relation to possible legal disputes.
- Works with a variety of business teams in an effective way.
- Counsels and coordinates with other business teams the legal disputes.
- Bachelor in Law (LLB). Master degree will be preferred (LLM).
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience as member of a prominent Law firm in Greece or abroad or as a member of a corporate legal department.
- Member of a Greek Bar Association (at least able to attend Court of Appeal).
- Proven experience in Civil and Penal Law.
- Proven experience in court proceedings (Civil and Penal).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Fluency in legal English both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone and as a member of a larger team.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Military obligations fulfilled in case of a male candidate.
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.