Linux Systems Engineer
OPAP is recruiting a Linux Systems Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Linux Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring the services infrastructure as well as for collaborating with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Builds, monitors, and scales infrastructure, including the support of the application environment.
- Manages production and development deployments.
- Automates and configures management solutions and makes any necessary improvements on deployment automation.
- Builds customized tools and makes sure services are available at all times.
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues.
- Optimizes infrastructure for maximum speed and scalability.
- Provides input to development regarding product capabilities, limits and capacity planning.
- Stays up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends.
- BSc in Information Technology. MSc degree will be preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in working hands-on with complex build systems.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unix operating systems, networking and scaling techniques.
- Deep knowledge in core IP services (DNS, DHCP, LDAP, NTP, SMTP etc.).
- Adept in performance tuning, monitoring and measuring.
- Strong experience with load balancing (HAProxy, Nginx) and firewalls.
- Proven experience with infrastructure automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.).
- Experience deploying applications in Amazon AWS, Google or Azure.
- Experience with network monitoring systems (Nagios, Zabbix, Icinga, Sensu, etc).
- Good administration skills in well-known relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL).
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (deployment architectures, administration, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools (Jenkins CI, Circle CI, etc.).
- Familiarity with distributed cache (Redis, Memcached).
- Experience in building PCI compliant systems and familiarity with container-based virtualization (docker, docker-machine, kvm) will be further appreciated.
- Self-motivated with deep sense of ownership.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work efficiently both on own initiative and within a team.
- Excellent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written).
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.