SolidarityNow is recruiting a Lawyer, to be based in Athens,
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- SN is looking to collaborate with a qualified and experienced lawyer, with knowledge in a wide range of legal matters, that people facing multiple discriminations and marginalities must address. The lawyer will deal with the relevant cases upon referral by the team leader/social worker working in the refugee camp of Andravida. He/she might need to visit the camp in person in order to meet with the beneficiary that needs his/her assistance, upon demand and on a case by case basis.
- Court representation of asylum seekers and refugees on various matters, incl. asylum, family law, criminal.
- Provision of legal information and relevant communication with field team (team leader and social worker) with regards to specific cases.
- Provide rigorous follow-up, ensure that the cases proceed towards resolution.
- Maintain records of all activities.
- Minimum three years of experience in practicing law.
- Excellent knowledge of the following areas of Greek law: asylum, human rights, family law.
- Good knowledge of administrative, welfare or criminal law is desired.
- Legal analysis: ability to identify and address legal issues for advice and representation.
- Substantial experience of advising and representing individuals with some vulnerability on a professional or voluntary basis.
- Previous experience of human rights/protection work, especially of vulnerable social groups, is highly desirable.
- Ability to cooperate effectively with other disciplines, in order to maximize the support provided to beneficiaries, as well as ability to adjust communication skills according to the age of the beneficiary.
- Direct availability upon request to advice or counsel.
- Fluency in English.
- Previous work within an NGO context and child protection is highly desirable
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: For remotely cooperation and on a regular basis until December 2019.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Lawyer_Andravida”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter