Junior PHP Developer
Epignosis is recruiting a Junior PHP Developer, to be
based in Athens, Greece.
- Epignosis is a leading technology vendor specializing in eLearning solutions. Trusted by thousands of organizations worldwide, Epignosis builds training software to help companies of all sizes deliver online training easier and at a reasonable price.
We are a growing, profitable tech firm with offices in San Francisco, London, Athens, Lefkosia and Heraklion. Our product portfolio includes TalentLMS, a popular cloud based LMS for companies of all sizes, eFront, a cutting-edge enterprise grade LMS, and TalentCards, a mobile microlearning solution. We strive to balance usability, simplicity and fit-to-purpose solutions, paired with robustness and strong potential. We firmly believe that great companies are built on empathy, integrity, diversity & simplicity.
- As a member of our eFront development team, you’ll work on an advanced PHP codebase, helping us further expand our industry-leading eLearning platform and build new innovative online training solutions.
You can take your pick of working in our Athens or Heraklion office. In either case, you'll be part of a vibrant, focused and technically minded team, responsible for developing and supporting high traffic and high-performance eLearning web services and applications.
- Programming. You'll be trusted to work on a complex enterprise-focused product, find your way around the codebase, and follow best practices to produce high-quality PHP code to solve real problems and implement strong and performant new functionality.
- Technical Support. You'll be expected to gain a deep understanding of the codebase, and be able to assist the software support team to research, diagnose, and troubleshoot customer issues and answer their technical questions.
- Requirements Gathering. As part of a team designing new product releases and implementing new functionality, you should be able to understand customer requirements and translate them to software specifications. Mind reading skills will be considered a plus.
- Collaboration. As part of the web team, you will collaborate with product managers, designers, dev-ops and infrastructure engineers, and software support staff to solve technical problems, maintain existing products, and help design, build, test, and deploy new solutions.
- Ownership. You will be expected to communicate openly and clearly within the company, learn from others, adapt to your team's development practices, contribute based on your skills and experience, and eventually take ownership of features and projects.
- Street cred. One year of proven experience working with object-oriented PHP. Involvement in open source and personal (e.g. GitHub) projects will be appreciated. Bonus points if you know what a T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM is and does.
- Web skills. A solid grasp of front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS. familiarity with one or more modern web application frameworks (React, Angular, Backbone, Vue, etc.) is greatly appreciated. You should also be familiar with SQL and know your way around a database server.
- Commitment .You should be able to control your source (code can get wild sometimes), and be close friends with the Git versioning system. You’ll level up if you can navigate your way out of a merge conflict - extra if you are on GitHub.
- l33t skillz. Well, not exactly l33t, but you should be familiar with the Linux command line. You should know your way around a Unix shell, be able to work with files and directories, and know your chmod from your chown. Knowing how to quit vi is a plus.
- Communication. You don’t need subtitles to watch Netflix. You should have an excellent level of English, and be able to chat and write about technical issues with fellow developers and customers.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Private health insurance plan.
- Ticket restaurant benefits.
- Gorgeous office space.
- Professional and personal development.
- A vibrant working environment full of creative individuals.
- Work/life balance ― i.e., we go big AND we go home.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.