Junior Back-end C#.Net Software Engineer
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Junior Back-end C#.Net Software Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean, the shipping analytics start-up affiliated with Signal Maritime, is looking for Junior full-stack/backend C#.NET Software Engineers to join its IT function in Athens./
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art architectures and technology stacks, as well as on a global technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, delivery, optimization, QA, DevOps and Continuous Integration.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Bachelors or Masters university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years post-graduate experience in backend development.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft C#.NET development skills.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Basic understanding of cloud-computing, preferably MS Azure.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience (including tools like Visual studio, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Junior-level competitive salary, and up to 15% performance discretionary bonus/incentive.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- Recruitment process starts with an on-line coding test and includes up to approx. 4 interviews/sessions.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.