Junior Back-end C#.Net Software Engineer
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Junior Back-end C#.Net Software Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean, the shipping analytics start-up affiliated with Signal Maritime, is looking for Junior full-stack/backend C#.NET Software Engineers to join its IT function in Athens./
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art architectures and technology stacks, as well as on a global technology product vision. We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, delivery, optimization, QA, DevOps and Continuous Integration.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Bachelors or Masters university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or exceptional practical experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years post-graduate experience in backend development.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft C#.NET development skills.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases (design, administration, tuning) and with ORM frameworks e.g. Entity Framework, Dapper, etc.
- Basic understanding of cloud-computing, preferably MS Azure.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and aggressive delivery timelines; Agile development experience (including tools like Visual studio, SCRUM/Agile tools) is welcome.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Junior-level competitive salary, and up to 15% performance discretionary bonus/incentive.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- Recruitment process starts with an on-line coding test and includes up to approx. 4 interviews/sessions.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.