Upstream is recruiting a Java Developer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- As a Java Developer you will be part of a very competent software team that works on mission – critical applications contributing in all phases of the development process. You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development and supporting business objectives in a collaborative fashion.
- Develop on high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient software modules.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications and that specifications cover all needed aspects of the implementation.
- Create / review design documentation and provide feedback on test plans.
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong software development skills in Java.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Experience with popular Java frameworks and technologies such as Spring Framework, JPA/Hibernate, JMS.
- Good understanding of SQL and RDBMS concepts.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven or Gradle.
- Good understanding of version control systems, such as Subversion and Git.
- Strong team player with good communication skills.
- Eager to work with leading-edge technologies.
- Reliable and dedicated professional with clear thinking and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and meeting deadlines in sometimes challenging situations.
- Able to multitask and thrive in a dynamic environment as well as balance and prioritize activities to ensure critical items are addressed.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.