IT Systems Administration Intern
Signal is recruiting an IT Systems Administration Intern, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- The Signal Group is looking for well-organized, efficient, dependable, individuals with a passion for technology and shipping to join its IT&T team in Athens for an internship of 6 months.
During this internship, you will have the opportunity to be exposed to and help with a wide variety of IT operations; providing server, network and application side infrastructure support and working closely with software development and other departments to insure a positive experience for our employees. So, if you have a passion for technology and problem-solving, then we would love to hear from you.
No coding or development experience is needed.
- Support daily IT technical operations.
- Assist in the installation and configuration of new workstations and new accounts; inventory and asset tracking.
- Provide basic support to end users (i.e. password resets, printer installs, troubleshoot basic hardware issues).
- Monitor network activity and performance.
- Consult with vendors, research and evaluate products/systems.
- Assist in creating and updating processes and systems documentation.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- BSc in Information Technology Systems, Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Technology & System Administration applicable experience, will be a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Windows OS, Linux, GSuite, virtualisation.
- Strong organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Ability to learn quickly, evaluate and prioritize tasks for efficiency and completeness.
- Through this internship, you will gain valuable experience in a challenging, high-pace environment, collaborating and developing yourself amongst a young, competent and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan. Through your tasks you will be introduced to basic terms and gain understanding in concepts of the shipping and technology domain.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.