IT Specialist – Middleware Databases
IBM is recruiting an IT Specialist – Middleware Databases,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. IBM is a leader in the global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career or further your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) consultants can help your organization fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent your operations for great efficiency and transform your entire enterprise through cognitive. Take advantage of IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise today.
- The IT Specialist role Middleware/Databases, should have key knowledge on MSSQL servers (and in one or more relational and non-relational data management-based software products, such as DB2 or Oracle would be desirable).
Linux skills would be a very good surplus on above qualifications. Scripting capabilities on bash, python, or any other scripting language would be very strong add-on for candidates.
- Setup and configure the above products.
- Troubleshoot issues and be able to handle problem resolving.
- Guide setup ODBC/JDBC connection with Application servers.
- Has basic network knowledge to troubleshoot connections between DBs and Application Servers.
- Be able to size solutions bases on the above products.
- Be able to setup backup needs of the above solutions.
- Perform health check and analyze logs for issues.
- Analyze and troubleshoot performance issues, find most demanding queries.
- Cooperate with application owners to find most expensive queries and apply DBA techniques to fix wrong plans etc.
- Be able to open tracing/auditing and co-operate with Labs for issues.
- Perform upgrades and version changing of the above products.
- Perform migrations either same platform (i.e. MSSQL) or cross platform for other databases, either with export/import, backup/restore or other techniques.
- IT specialist will deliver IBM’s technical solutions by on-site or remote connection services.
- Key knowledge on MSSQL servers (and in one or more relational and non-relational data management-based software products, such as DB2 or Oracle would be desirable).
- Linux skills would be a very good surplus on above qualifications.
- Scripting capabilities on bash, python, or any other scripting language would be very strong add-on for candidates.
- Proven ability to add positive value to consultative multi-skilled teams consisting of customers and third parties.
- Understand and analyze technical issues raised by client’s end, and provide technical service such as trouble shooting.
- English and Greek fluent.
- Experience with global environment.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Regular contract.
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.