IT Project Manager
OPAP is recruiting an IT Project Manager, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The mission of IT Project Manager is to manage and support the management of Technology-intensive projects, ensuring the realization of value for the business. The management of such Projects is not necessarily limited to their Technology component, but may extend to the overall – technology and non-technology – project scope.
- Manages selected Technology-intensive Projects, characterised by complexity, involvement of many Technology divisions and increased requirements for coordination of activities with other OPAP Teams.
- Supports the implementation, use and continuous improvement of processes and tools for Projects’ management; collaborates with other Project Managers and supports in relevant PM activities.
- Supports the management of OPAP Projects portfolio. Collects and analyses progress / status information, performance metrics, resources‘ allocation, in order to plan and improve implementation performance.
- Acts, when required, as a Technology-to-Business Liaison, by supporting the management of the overall relationship of the Technology Team to other Business Teams to ensure the provision of excellent services from Technology Team to business.
- Supports the management of project requests from business towards Technology, including request analysis, evaluation, prioritization, implementation planning and monitoring.
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Systems Management. MSc will be preferred.
- 5+ years’ of professional experience in a similar position, managing/coordinating teams of 5+ people.
- Experience in enterprise environments and in the implementation of large scale IT projects.
- IT or Business consulting experience working with clients in private sector is desirable.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet strict deadlines, with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; building, maintaining and developing relationships of trust with colleagues and clients.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects in parallel.
- A genuine team player, with results-oriented spirit.
- Proficient in MS Office tools and MS Project.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, oral and written, in Greek and English, both in technical and non-technical language.
- Knowledge/experience in betting/gaming industry is desirable.
- PMP or Prince II certification is a plus.
- Experience in configuration of MS Project Server and Jira is desirable.
- Fullfilled military obligations for male candidates.
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidates.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.