IT Procurement Officer
Upstream is recruiting an IT Procurement Officer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- The IT Procurement Officer is driving Upstream’s procurement process for the Engineering department. The role is instrumental for ensuring Upstream’s global procurement policy is met, planning of corresponding activities while building and maintaining at the same time effective relationships with key stakeholders. The position is based in Athens, Greece and reports to the Head of IT/Systems & Security. This role is ideal for someone with high potential who wishes to be rewarded for outstanding performance, while having the opportunity to gain valuable experience on various procurement projects.
- Ownership of procurement processes and development of new ones to ensure efficiency and cost savings for the organization.
- Lead and manage all RFP, RFQ and RFI for Engineering function, other internal teams and subsidiaries. Offer collection, comparison and evaluation ensuring competitive prices.
- Onboard new vendors/suppliers, especially in emerging markets, develop relevant KPI’s to measure their performance and ensure that all new and existing suppliers agree to and abide by corporate policies, NDAs and compliance needs.
- PO processing for multiple functions in the organization and support on non-IT teams to securely procure the best solution, Order placement and tracking through KPIs development, ensuring timely delivery.
- Develop SLAs and relevant KPI’s along with the engineering teams, and track supplier’s performance on a monthly basis (including qualitative assessments).
- Manage all contracts for global IT-related activities. Conduct quarterly reviews for areas of improvement in areas, including but not limited, to cost, quality and service improvement.
- Define consumption forecasts and work with suppliers to ensure product availability, development of dashboards and presentations to demonstrate overall procurement activities effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Strong knowledge of developing and monitoring of IT budget, track of spend and funds for all projects and budget lines.
- Work closely with the relevant subject experts from finance teams, ensuring IT projections met the defined spending targets and keep a track of payments planning to ensure that contractual payment terms are being met.
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of Economics, Supply Chain or Engineering.
- 1-3 years of working experience in procurement, preferably in the IT industry within a multinational organization.
- Proven record of contractual negotiations ensuring cost savings for both capital & operational expenses.
- Proven record of IT budget management ensuring cost efficiency and control.
- Experience on working with vendors in LATAM, ASIA and EMEA regions.
- Strong knowledge of technologies such as Data Centre services, virtualization, security, cloud hosting.
- Familiar with accounting procedures and tools, such as SAP.
- Experience in processing large data sets in Excel and/or SQL.
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience in supply chain audits based on compliance frameworks.
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment that requires fresh thinking and innovation.
- Self-driven, responsible, and able to take ownership on projects.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.