IT Compliance Officer
Upstream is recruiting an IT Compliance Officer, to be
based in Athens, Greece.
- Upstream is a leading mobile technology company providing 1.2 billion people with affordable and secure access to digital services. Our Zero-D service provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million users. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets.
- We are currently searching for an IT Compliance Officer to lead the Information Security & Business Continuity program at Upstream. The IT Compliance Officer is responsible for developing, administering and monitoring all aspects of Information Security within the company. The position has exposure to all areas of IT in order to develop and execute comprehensive plans regarding the effectiveness of IT controls (e.g. information security, change management, etc.), and to monitor efficiency of operations.
- Draft, modify, implement, maintain and communicate policies & procedures for the Information Security & Business Continuity operation of the company.
- Conduct research and recommend technical solutions, software, and applications to improve the company’s operational efficiency at a corporate level.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s business needs, existing IT infrastructure, and contribute to the company’s strategic planning efforts.
- Ensure that compliance issues & concerns within IT are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Collaborate with other departments to monitor enforcement of standards/regulations and direct compliance issues to appropriate teams for investigation and resolution.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop & recommend corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Run periodical audits to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a Business discipline (e.g. Finance, Accounting).
- Minimum of 3-5 years related work experience with Internal Controls, Internal Audit or Compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences in a variety of settings.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- Analytical mind, able to identify and foresee the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Highly motivated individual with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Ability to work effectively with others and also be productive independently.
- Certified compliance professional is a plus (ISO27001, GDPR, NIST or relevant).
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits, directly dependent on the candidate’s qualifications and skills. The real excitement comes from working closely with a dynamic, smart, agile and highly motivated team in a competitive and fast paced environment.
- Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.