IT Business Analyst
Trafigura is recruiting an IT Business Analyst, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world.
The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- We require an accomplished business analyst with in-depth experience of completing detailed business process analysis and requirement gathering to enable the delivery of complex software development projects.
Within this role, the candidate will be responsible for understanding and verifying business cases for change, completing business process analysis, and defining business requirements, functional requirements and design.
This will be executed across multiple projects within the trading division. The candidate will manage relationships and expectations with business stakeholders and sponsors and support development and test teams throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Primary responsibility is the determination & clear articulation of business requirements for the physical commodity trading and shipping areas.
- Responsible for clearly articulating target business processes and the business requirements and functional design to enable change.
- Work with the functional architecture team to determine the design of a solution, including screen design & usability to optimise business processes.
- Detail story elaboration to enable the system development.
- Support development teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support quality assurance teams to ensure a solution meets its business requirements.
- Support change management and training teams to prepare business stakeholder for process and functional change.
- Provide third line support for production issues.
- Proven ability to act as a bridge between the business and development team located in other offices, translating business concepts into requirements that are implementable.
- Expected to have 7+ years’ experience of requirements analysis in a commercial environment.
Extensive knowledge and experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Physical commodity trading.
- Chartering, shipping and cargo operations.
- Claims and demurrage.
- Accounting and cash settlements.
- Product knowledge of IMOS or similar ETRM system(s) would be desirable.
- Demonstrable the ability to drive business process changes, challenging current business practices and working with key business process personnel.
- Experience of a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, iterative development).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong academic background – excellent degree from a top tier university is required in a subject that demonstrates the need for logical thinking, precise understanding and clear articulation.
- Delivery focus.
- Team worker.
- Good communicator & engaging.
- Ability to make decisions & thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Permanent contract
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.