IT Applications Engineer
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting an IT Applications Engineer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- Thenamaris invites high caliber professionals to apply for the position of IT APPLICATIONS ENGINEER in the Information Technology department.
The IT Applications Engineer is a member of the PMS and QA Systems team in the Information Technology department. The individual will provide IT-related support to PMS users on shore and onboard the vessels under management, ensuring that technical problems are resolved in a timely manner. He/she is responsible for performing the required configuration to the system, streamlining of automated processes in order to achieve efficiencies and implementing reports.
- University degree in Information Technology, Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering. Alternative educational backgrounds will be considered if the required technical knowledge applies.
- Minimum 2 years of proven hands- on experience with SQL Server programming. Previous working experience should also include analysis and reporting by utilizing large databases as well as supporting end-users while performing software troubleshooting.
- Shipping industry awareness and working experience with maintenance and procurement system will be considered an asset.
- Excellent use of the English language at a written and oral level.
- Excellent customer support skills and team oriented mindset.
- The position is permanent and is based at the company’s headquarters, in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
- Permanent contract.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.