SolidarityNow is recruiting Interpreters,
Kurdish (Sorani and Kurmanji) – Arabic, to be based in Ioannina, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- The objective of the position of the Director of Logistic and Supply is to ensure that Solidarity Now has the right material inputs acquired in the most transparent and efficient manner, and the technical expertise to timely and safely to implement its’ programmes.
The areas of responsibilities of the Director of Supply and Logistics are: Procurement management, Asset and Inventory Management, Safety and Security Management, Premises Management, Fleet, Transport and Warehouse Management, Information Technology.
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services during confidential/private sessions with vulnerable individuals, particularly children at risk and survivors of gender-based violence.
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services during protection related informative sessions, briefings, trainings etc.
- Provides written translation of documents from Kurdish (Sorani and/or Kurmanji)or Arabic to English or Greek.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, contribute to the identification of particular vulnerabilities and other protection-related issues.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, assists in the accompaniment of particularly vulnerable individuals to other service providers.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in in field-trips and other external activities.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely, as well as participate in activities.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader.
- Excellent command of Kurdish, Kurmanji and Sorani.
- Excellent command of English and/or Greek.
- Minimum two-years professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator.
- Minimum one-year professional experience in providing supporting services to vulnerable individuals, including refugee population and particularly children and women.
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee children, families and female survivors of gender-based violence.
- High professional ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible.
- Strong team player.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments.
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and Child Safeguarding guiding principles.
- Good command of Arabic.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset.
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and a short motivation letter (in English) to email@example.com in English mentioning in the email subject “Ioannina_Kurdish”.
- Status: Full Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter