SolidarityNow is recruiting an Interpreter (Sorani/Kurmanji),
to be based in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Interpretation for beneficiaries and staff during one to one consultations or information sessions.
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally appropriate manner.
- Data base and Case related info management.
- Filing and registering all cases and actions in a database as instructed by supervisor.
- Maintain up to date hard and electronic archives.
- Participate in field trips, visits and assessments as requested by supervisor.
- Brief beneficiaries on running programs and inform for any relevant changes.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate beneficiaries’ access to available support.
- Fluent in the above-stated language(s).
- Fluent in Sorani/Kurmanji and English.
- Previous Experience in relevant position.
- Familiar with refugee and migration Issues.
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding.
- Computer literacy & numeracy.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Field work experience e.g., in camps or temporary settlements.
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups.
- Location: Thessaloniki.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 The job holder does not have contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Interpreter Sorani_Thessaloniki” not later than by July, 10th 2019.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter