SolidarityNow is recruiting an Interpreter (Farsi/Dari), to be
based in Katerini, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during confidential/private sessions with vulnerable individuals, particularly children at risk and survivors of gender-based violence.
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during protection related informative sessions, briefings, trainings etc.
- Provides written translation of documents to English or Greek.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, contributes to the identification of particular vulnerabilities and other protection-related issues.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, assists in the accompaniment of particularly vulnerable individuals to other service providers.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in field-trips and other external activities.
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely, as well as participate in activities.
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader.
- Excellent command of Farsi and/ or Dari.
- Excellent command of English and/or Greek.
- Minimum one-year professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator and/or in providing supporting services to vulnerable individuals, including refugee population and particularly children and women.
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee children, families and female survivors of gender-based violence.
- High professional ethics.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible.
- Strong team player.
- Computer literate.
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments.
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and Child Safeguarding guiding principles.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset.
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- Location: Kato Milia.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 The job holder does not have contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Interpreter_Kato Milia”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter