SolidarityNow is recruiting Interpreter (Arabic),
to be based in Ioannina, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Interpretation for beneficiaries and staff during one to one consultations or information sessions.
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally appropriate manner.
- Data base and Case related info management.
- Filing and registering all cases and actions in a database as instructed by supervisor.
- Maintain up to date hard and electronic archives.
- Participate in field trips, visits and assessments as requested by supervisor.
- Brief beneficiaries on running programs and inform for any relevant changes.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate beneficiaries’ access to available support.
- Fluent in the above-stated language(s).
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
- Previous Experience in relevant position.
- Familiar with refugee and migration Issues.
- Cross cultural awareness and understanding.
- Computer literacy & numeracy.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Field work experience e.g., in camps or temporary settlements.
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups.
- Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com by June, 23rd 2019 mentioning in the email subject “Interpreter Arabic_Ioannina”.
- Status: Full Time.
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 3: The job holder will have regular contact with children.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter