UNICEF is recruiting Interns, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a safe home
- The closure of the Balkan route and the EU-Turkey agreement has led to a large population of refugee and migrant children (estimated 22,000) currently in Greece facing an uncertain future with growing long term humanitarian needs such as health, education and protection. UNICEF is mobilizing its operational support to meet children’s needs.
How can you make a difference?
- Under the supervision and the technical guidance of UNICEF’s Communication Specialist, you will assist in the production of a broad range of communication products such as stories, photos and videos, facilitate local and international media engagement, support event planning and coverage, design visibility products and assist with internal communications and circulation of accurate and timely information to colleagues, partners and donors.
- Assist with the development of fundraising materials, including human interest stories, blog posts, photo essays and other multimedia products from Greece.
- Assist in the drafting of press releases, key messages, fact sheets, Q&As and other products to support effective communication with external stakeholders.
- Facilitate photo and video coverage with photographers and videographers.
- Assist with the facilitation of international and national media engagement.
- Produce content related to refugee and migrant children in Greece for UNICEF regional and global social media platforms under the guidance of the Communication Specialist and in collaboration with partners and donors.
- Support the organization and coverage of UNICEF organized events and activities.
- Support the monthly reporting process by contacting press and social media reviews.
- Participate in related planning meetings and briefings, as needed.
- Strong communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Technical skills in producing visual content for multi-media formats (audio, video, photography).
- An understanding and interest for EU matters, migration issues and the crises in Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan is desired.
- Able to work quickly and effectively in a multi-cultural environment..
- Sets high levels of quality and productivity.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
- The availability to commit to the internship for a minimum of 3 months (full-time or part-time).
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations, or a relevant field.
- *A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience is not a requirement but it is considered an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Greek and English is required.
- UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
- Relating and Networking: Easily establishes good relationships with external partners and staff; builds wide and effective networks within UNICEF, within the wider UN system and with external parties; relates well to people at all levels; manages conflict; uses humor appropriately to enhance relationships with others.
- Adapting and Responding to Change: Adapts to changing circumstances including emergencies and other crises; tolerates ambiguity; accepts new ideas and change initiatives; adapts interpersonal style to suit different people and situations; shows an interest in new experiences.
- Following Instructions and Procedures: Does not unnecessarily challenge authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Paid Internship for up to 6 months in Communication section in Athens, Greece.
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.