Internal Control Specialist
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is recruiting an
Internal Control Specialist, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is one of the largest retail chains with 294 Super Markets, 16 Cash & Carry, 118 franchise stores and more than 13 500 employees.
Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 21 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 375 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
- Supports internal control activities by performing assurance testing for internal controls over financial reporting, discuss control findings with Internal Audit Manager and the Business.
- Assists line management in identifying risks and maintaining a robust internal control framework.
- Participates in liaison with business owners, in the development of action plans and remediation procedures.
- Contributes towards updating controls and policies based on the corporate governance framework.
- Participates in the submission of regular reporting deliverables on assurance testing results and compliance to local management and the Group.
- 5- 7 years prior working experience in auditing, accounting and finance. Big 4 experience will be considered an asset.
- Bachelor Degree in finance, accounting, business administration or any other relevant field. Master’s Degree will be considered an asset.
- Professional certification in internal auditing (e.g. CIA, CFE), accounting (e.g. ACCA, CPA) is desirable.
- Fluency in English language, both written & spoken.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Affinity in retail environment will be considered an asset.
- Strong business acumen with emphasis on analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Advanced communication & influencing skills, ability to build network.
- Project management skills, with emphasis on organizing, planning and reporting multiple tasks.
- Results orientation and personal motivation.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects.
- 12 months contract.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.