Signal Maritime is recruiting an Interaction Designer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- Signal Ocean, the shipping analytics start-up, affiliated with Signal Maritime, is looking for a technology product interaction designer to join its office in Athens.
If you have talent and demonstrable experience in web-application Interaction Design, UI/UX strategy and User Research for B2B/Enterprise/Fin Tech solutions and if you want to join an ambitious start-up in the highly entrepreneurial domain of shipping, then we would love to hear from you.
As part of this role you can expect to work on projects of strategic importance, handle the latest technologies and contribute throughout the discovery, design and delivery lifecycle of technology products.
- Work within Dual-track Agile teams on product discovery, design and prototyping efforts, producing and iterating over wire-frames, prototypes, interface and interaction designs, mostly focusing on user journey and experience.
- Learn, organize, facilitate and/or participate in Design Sprints, User Story Mapping and other product discovery and design techniques or methods.
- Organize and participate in User Modelling (personas), User Research and User Analytics.
- Work on Information Architecture and Information Design.
- Write, review, maintain and organize HTML5/CSS3 code, i.e. be involved or responsible for the styling of a web platform and/or simple and advanced data visualizations.
- Write, enrich and maintain user stories and other types of documents.
- Coach others on design and prototyping.
- A degree in design, and preferably studies specifically focused on interaction design.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Interaction Design for B2B/enterprise (not B2C) projects.
- At least basic visual design skills, using Photoshop, Illustrator and/or Sketch.
- Advanced skills in prototyping and Interaction Design, using conceptual tools such as User Story Mapping and software tools such as InVision, UXPin, Axure, Balsamiq, Origami, OmniGraffle, etc.
- A way to demonstrate relevant UI/UX work and discuss methods, styles and philosophies you believe in.
- Advanced skills in HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap and other prevailing web-development boilerplates/frameworks.
- Experience in advanced data visualizations and interactions, e.g. ones encountered in Fin Tech web-app projects.
- Experience in Agile and Product Management methodologies coupled with a strong drive to work embedded in teams (rather in isolation).
- Worked in an international, dynamic and challenging work environment where modern and well developed design techniques are upheld and strongly endorsed.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- You will be working and developing yourself amongst a young and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan, and be deployed in a fun work environment.
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% performance bonus/incentive.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
- The interview process may include a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.