Insurance & Claims Officer
Thenamaris Inc. is recruiting an Insurance & Claims Officer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Thenamaris (Ships Management) Inc. is a global ship manager of high specification modern ocean-going vessels and provides its services as agents only.
The fleet under management currently comprises 72 vessels: oil tankers carrying crude oil and oil products such as gasoline and diesel oil; bulk carriers which transport dry bulk cargoes such as grain, coal and iron ore; and containerships.
Thenamaris LNG Inc. manages three 160,000 cbm LNG carriers and one 38,000 cbm LPG carrier.
We operate, maintain, crew and trade our principals’ vessels worldwide, in a safe, efficient and profitable manner.
We ensure consistently high standards throughout our integrated ship management services, covering the commercial, technical, safety and quality, and crewing aspects of managing a diversified portfolio of vessels.
- The Insurance and Claims department closely monitors the fleet's day to day commercial activities and is in continuous dialogue with the marine insurance market in order to maintain the required insurance coverage at competitive price levels. The department also manages insurance claims and situations which might give rise to claims, striving to achieve a commercial advantage for the fleet under management.
Within the department the Insurance and Claims Officer will monitor marine and non-marine insurance covers, will liaise with insurance providers (PnI Clubs, Hull and Machinery, War Risks and other underwriters and brokers), to request quotations, process queries and discuss claims. The individual will be handling all aspects of PnI and HnM claims including the appointment of surveyors, discussing settlement proposals with the relevant stakeholders, referring cases to lawyers where necessary, submitting reimbursement requests and monitoring collections.
In addition, the individual will maintain the claims and other databases, issue the insurance certificates for the fleet and process invoices for insurance premia in a timely manner.
Finally, the individual will be advising other departments with in the company on issues which might be affecting any of the fleet insurance covers.
- Working experience of minimum five (5) years in Marine Insurance domain (PnI Club, Insurance broker, Shipping Company, average adjuster etc.).
- Undergraduate studies in Shipping Management or Law.
- IT literacy is a prerequisite; excellent use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficiency in English at an oral and written level.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders.
The following will be considered as an asset:
- The position is permanent and is based in Athens (Vouliagmeni) Greece.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.