IBM Graduate Program – Consulting by Degree
IBM is recruiting graduates for the IBM Graduate Program - Consulting by Degree, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. IBM is a leader in the global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career or further your career.
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) consultants can help your organization fundamentally redesign experiences to create new sources of value, digitally reinvent your operations for great efficiency and transform your entire enterprise through cognitive. Take advantage of IBM's global reach, outcome-focused methodologies, domain skills and deep industry expertise today.
- IBM offers you a position in our 2-year GBS graduate leadership and development program. In this program, you take part in real-life projects from day one, work with the brightest minds in the IBM organization at home and abroad and help us shape the market by transforming industries and professions with data and technology. The digital transformation is at the top of the agenda in the largest organizations where you as a consultant will be advising, designing and implementing innovative solutions for the future.
- IBM can offer you several career paths based on your interest and aptitude. The world of consulting is varied: the path you as a graduate take, and the velocity of your career progression, will largely be in your own hands within the framework of one of the largest and most varied consulting companies:
System Science Consultant
- As a System Science Consultant, you become the connection between system and human. This track allows you to build skills in ERP-systems for areas such as Asset Management, Human Capital Management, Supply Chain Management and others, helping our customers transform and optimize their daily operations. You will build a detailed knowledge of how a software delivers business value and you will be highly involved in large implementation and transformation programs.
- As a Data Scientist, you will work with data, both structured and unstructured, as well as analytics to advice our customers on how to best use data to increase business value. Your key skills are critical thinking and accuracy, working with research and analysis in different cognitive tools such as Python & R. In this role you will not only perform advanced analytics and visualization of data insights, you can also work with programming and machine learning modelling.
- In the track to become a Project Manager, you will take responsibility on collecting the data, store it, do the batch processing or real-time processing on it, and serve it via an API to a data scientist who can easily query it. Data engineers may work closely with data architects (to determine what data management systems are appropriate) and data scientists (to determine which data are needed for analysis). They often wrestle with problems associated with database integration and messy, unstructured data sets.
- As a Business Consultant, you will help our clients take their business to the next digital level by assessing their current state, visioning a future state and develop a roadmap to help the clients reach the targeted state. The variety of projects may vary from shorter strategy consulting assignments to advising clients on recommended high-level strategy. You may be involved through all or any part of a project lifecycle.
- Design, build, and manage Cognitive Computing solutions using components and offerings. Responsibilities include defining the key business problems to be solved, formulating the cognitive approach to solve this problem, gathering of data to solve those problems, and developing analyzing/drawing conclusions and giving the presentations. Skills include designing, and building the analysis.
- Supports best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and/or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools. Responsible for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability, maintain applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability and integrity. Responsible for ensuring the functional interface to applications and application usability continues to performs as expected.
- We are looking for you, soon-to-be graduate student or young professional, seeking to join one of the biggest IT-companies in the world and kick-start your career.
You have a hunger to solve challenging problems and want to be a part of shaping a smarter future for the world. You are ambitious and forward-thinking, you have imagination and drive. You can develop big ideas and turn them into tangible solutions for our clients.
The following criteria should be met
- Graduated in Computer Science, Mathematics, Telecommunications, Industrial Engineering, Physics, Software Engineering, Business, Economics or any other related with Business and/or Engineering.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Eager to continuously embrace new challenges, able to perform without full experience and always interested in learning the new.
- Authorized to work in Spain.
- English and Greek - fluent.
- Maximum 2 year of experience of post-graduation professional experience.
- Ability to work in projects across Europe.
- Remember that in order to be considered for this position we need you to speak fluently in both Greek and English and have finished your degree studies (in 2017 or later).
- IMPORTANT: male candidates need to have completed the military obligations.
- For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
- IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.