Signal is recruiting an HR Intern, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal is a group of companies offering products and services in commercial shipping. We combine our deep knowledge of shipping with our passion for applied science, technology and modern management methods.
Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a technology twist. The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet. At the same time, we are leveraging the group's technologies, as design clients, to enable and pursue new business models in shipping.
Signal Ocean is a technology product engineering start-up, developing an ambitious B2B information and decision-support Software as a Service (SaaS) ecosystem for shipping professionals.
Our young and driven teams have grown from an inner core of a founding entrepreneur and key executives, who spent more than ten years running and transforming one of the world’s leading ship management companies. Our differentiating mix is completed by truly world-class strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and software engineers.
We are shaping the future of Commercial Shipping. Join us!
- Are you an HR enthusiast, searching for a position where you can apply your outstanding people skills and your HR administrative experience? Are you interested in a career in HR in the technology and shipping industry? If so, we’d love to meet you.
Signal Ocean is a technology start-up with a strong shipping pedigree. Using deep domain expertise and the latest in Machine Learning, we deliver solutions to shipping professionals that allow them to make better decisions, faster.
We are currently looking for an individual with great organizational skills, strong work ethic, and positive attitude to provide support to our People Operations (HR) Department.
The position will report to our HR. The ideal candidate will possess a passion and good understanding of HR processes and procedures, ability to juggle various HR administrative tasks in a timely manner, along with a strong people- and team-centric mindset.
- Assist in the recruitment process;coordinate and set up interviews, issue relevant correspondence.
- Prepare and file HR documents (i.e. new hire documents, employment contracts, health insurance forms etc.).
- Ensure HR databases are up to date by recording changes, new hires, transfers, absences, terminations etc.
- Conduct research for HR guides & policies, leveraging existing and external resources.
- Learn steps in recruiting and hiring process and provide assistance.
- Assist in CV screening and in ATS management.
- Perform research and assistance for various HR projects as needed (i.e. organize a job fair event, company event, training, people-related activities etc.).
- Prepare, as required, reports and presentations on talent acquisition and employee-related data.
- Provide administrative assistance where needed (workplace guidelines, absence management, employee queries etc.).
- Assist in the on-boarding process and orientation for new interns.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- Bachelor's/Master’s in a Human Resources discipline or a related degree with concentration in HR.
- Proven experience as an HR administrator or in employee/customer facilitation will be a plus.
- Familiarity with HR tools and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Good organisational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and strong ability to prioritize.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Self-driven and passionate about making overall people processes and experience better for every employee.
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting sensitive and confidential information.
- Through this internship, you will gain valuable experience in a challenging, high-pace environment, collaborating and developing yourself amongst a young, competent and highly-driven team, engaged in an innovative and ambitious business plan. Through your tasks you will be also introduced to basic terms and gain understanding in concepts of the shipping domain.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.