Health Promotion Supervisor
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Health Promotion Supervisor (Maternity Cover), to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Supervise the implementation of Health Promotion/IEC activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical and mental health topics.
- Supervise the HP team by planning their activities and supporting the team members in the execution of the activities (outreach, health promotion sessions, psycho-education sessions).
- According to medical priorities, prepare and (help) deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics.
- Assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviors observations).
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target, to share at project level.
- Report to Project Medical Referent: activities, problems, strengths and constraints.
- Provide general assistance for the day-to-day activities of pediatric/SRH clinic in Moria.
- Create any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Ensure timely provision of material needed for the activities of the team.
- Cooperate with other supervisors/managers to facilitate all activities and trainings necessary for the HP team and other teams.
- Connect with other organizations on Lesvos for information sharing and possible cooperation for HP activities.
- Education: Desirable diploma in social sciences, social communication, nursing or teaching.
- Experience: Desirable working experience in MSF (1 year minimum) or other NGOs in health promotion activities, and experience in working with refugees and migrants, preferably in Lesvos/Moria.
- Languages: Essential French and English, desirable Farsi.
- Competencies: Results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation, commitment to MSF principles, behavioral flexibility, stress management.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 month contract.
- Location: Lesvos.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Health Promotion Supervisor" in the subject line of the e-mail: email@example.com.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Health Promotion Supervisor” in the subject line of the e-mail.