Health Promoter Officer/French
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a Health Promoter Officer/French, to be based in various locations, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Implement Health Promotion/IEC activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met strengths and constraints.
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Education level in social science, social communication, nurse or teaching.
- Fluency in French is mandatory (spoken & written).
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Good knowledge of English or Greek.
- 2-year experience minimum in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Flexibility to travel (possible temporary detachment to another site of the project).
- Location: Chios/Samos.
- Duration: 3 months (possibility of indefinite extension).
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “Health Promoter Officer /French Chios" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Chios-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Because of the immediate need to fill the post, the selection process may start before the closing date for submission of resumes.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter