Health Promoter Officer / Arabic
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Health Promoter Officer / Arabic, to be based in Lesbos , Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Implement Health Promotion / IEC activities to the Refugee Population and MSF Patients to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform Refugee Camp Population and MSF Patients about MSF services provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness, under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met strengths and constraints.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication.
- Desirable diploma in social sciences, social communication, nursing or teaching.
- Desirable working experience in MSF (1 year minimum) or other NGOs in health promotion activities, or training-education activities, and experience in working with refugees and migrants.
- Essential Arabic (desirable writing skills too) and English, Desirable French.
- Results and quality orientation, teamwork and cooperation, commitment to MSF principles, behavioral flexibility, stress management.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 3 months (high possibility of indefinite extension).
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “HP Officer" in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at email@example.com, quoting reference code "HP Officer" in the subject line of the e-mail.