Head of Mission Assistant
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Head of Mission Assistant, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Provide support to the mission by assisting the Head of Mission in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, and at time providing some interpretation in order to facilitate coordination tasks in the mission.
- Assist the Head of Mission (HoM) in the context analysis, disseminate relevant context information to the coordination team, regularly inform them on key issues, update general information on the context for MSF internal documents, and advise on cultural appropriateness of organizational activities and individual behaviors.
- Representation: upon the request of the HoM, represent MSF in meetings (NGOs, official bodies, administration…).
- Support the mission’s networking by maintaining good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and file field contacts (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities) verifying that they are easily accessible in order to facilitate contacts and meetings.
- Support the HoM in the managing and dissemination of reporting within the mission.
- Organizational: support the HoM and the mission in creating an efficient organizational environment (helping to put in place coordination tools etc.).
- Ensure the follow up of relevant administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration in a country, working permits, immigration policies, national protocols, etc.
- At the request of the HoM, prepare and conduct an information briefing focusing on the country context for International, Regional and Relocated Staff.
- Act as a focal person in the mission for the associative life.
- Act as a focal person for GDPR awareness within the mission.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Bachelor degree in a related field of studies.
- Fluency in English.
- Previous experience in humanitarian aid, preferably with MSF.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Desired: knowledge of asylum procedures in Greece and good understanding of Greek political context.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code "HOM Assistant" in the subject line of the e-mail at: msfocb-Athens-Recruitment@brussels.msf.org.
- Duration: 3 months (high possibility of indefinite extension).
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις