Head of Finance
Welcome is recruiting a Head of Finance, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- We make every new city feel like home! Welcome acts like your personal travel concierge covering all your in-destination requests starting from the very first one, the pickup from the airport.
We are a strong and lean team, building a global travel company. Welcome launched in the beginning of 2015 Athens, Greece, will welcome more than 1,000,000 travelers in 2019, grows with more than 150% per year, has the highest customer satisfaction score in the travel industry surpassing Airbnb and Tripadvisor (+86 NPS), and is currently expanding in many more cities.
- Head of Finance plays a great part in Welcome’s well-being by ensuring a smooth operation and control of the money flow.
As a strategic partner, the Head of Finance sets up effective financial planning in sync to Welcome’s strategic goals, acquiring and distributing sufficient funds and enough time to support implementation.
Moreover, the position holder plays a key part in the company’s rapid growth by providing insights and updating information on our destinations markets’ establishing compliant structuring based on different financial situations and tax legislations.
- Play a vital role in the strategy formulation for Welcome, advising the CEO on all finance related and other important strategic issues.
- Oversee the financial performance of the company, ensuring the accurate and timely budgeting and financial reporting per destination and channel, distributed to management and investors.
- Provide adequate Cash Flow planning ensuring optimum use of funds.
- Support the CEO in the fundraising process, providing network connections and ensuring a smooth due diligence process by creating and maintaining an up-to-date Data Room.
- Oversee the pricing strategy across all destinations, using data to develop dynamic pricing.
- Create and implement a strategy for credit card processing via alternative PSPs or smart routing, to ensure cost optimization.
- Protect the company by implementing fraud prevention strategies and processes for Operations, Technology/Product and Analytics.
- Ensure adherence to international and local tax rules (transfer pricing, local VAT, etc.).
- Ensure adherence to regulatory bodies affecting the business (e.g. PSD2, etc.).
- Design and implement a framework of controls around Accounting, Tax and Cash Management.
- Ensure that all accounting processes are in place for the Group, safeguarding the month and year end closing process.
- Create and maintain a network of tax and financial specialists in all countries Welcome is present.
- Proven work experience as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role preferably in a growing start/scale up business.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills.
- Leadership abilities.
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field.
- Digital native: fluent in web and digital technologies.
- Stakeholder value: Creates and maintains a sustainable value for shareholders and stakeholders (maximum revenue, minimum costs, maximum economic value and sustainability).
- Enthusiastic and curious: always eager to learn and pass on knowledge to the rest of the team.
- Excellent communication skills: You need to be highly professional in your work and perform to an exceptional standard. Time management is critical in this job role, so the ability to focus and drive to meet goals, deadlines and manage a demanding workload is key.
- Start-up experience is essential as the ideal candidate must be able to illustrate where you’ve encountered difficulty and must understand the demands of a start-up environment.
- MSc/MBA or relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA) is a plus.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic people.
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level.
- Monthly company drinks & activities.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.