SolidarityNow is recruiting a Handyman, to be based in Ioannina, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- We are looking for a reliable Handyman to undertake upkeep and repair tasks at the interior or exterior of SN buildings and appartments. Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of a handyman’s arsenal.
The Handyman is expected to be well-organized and with strong general repair skills. Compliance with SN Code of Conduct and the national employment. A keen eye for detail is highly appreciated for this position.
- SUPERVISOR/MANAGER:Team Leader/Project Manager.
- Perform maintenance and light repairs.
- Capability of interior and/or exterior painting.
- Undertake light installation or carpenting (e.g. fix doors).
- Repair equipment or appliances if possible.
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing or HVAC (Heating, Ventillation, Air Conditioning) repairs.
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shoveling snow).
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Proven experience as a handyman.
- Solid understanding of water distribution and disposal systems in residential buildings.
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical or HVAC systems.
- Good communication ability.
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving.
- Attention to detail.
- Friendly with a great deal of patience.
- Greek language is a must.
- Child Safeguarding Policy Level 1:The job holder does not have contact with children.
- If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com, mentioning in the email subject “SN Handyman".
- SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter