Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
Gynaecologist, to be based in Lesvos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- MSF runs Sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services in a medical facility outside Moria camp for migrants, including antenatal care (ANC), sexual violence, Family Planning and access to Termination of Pregnancy. MSF aims to improve access to medical ToP for this population, under the direction of gynaecologist, and the medical facility outside Moria. MSF also runs Family Planning activities. Advanced methods such as IUD however are referred to external gynaecologists.
- Provide medical ToP for migrant women who want it on Lesbos.
- Provide family planning methods for migrant women on Lesbos.
- Provide health care related to gynaecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynaecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynaecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynaecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynaecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynaecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff.
- Education:Essential, Gynecology specialist diploma.
- Experience: Essential at least 2 year certified work experience in Gynecology.
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Experience and willingness to provide medical ToP.
- Languages:Greek and English.
- Competencies:Results Teamwork Flexibility Commitment Stress management.
- Initial 2 month contract (with possibility of indefinite extension after the 2 months).
- Contract of limited duration.
- Part time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Please send your CV and a cover letter in English, quoting reference code "Gynecologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address,
firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference code "Gynecologist Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail.