Greek Language Teacher
SolidarityNow is recruiting a Greek Language Teacher,
to be based in Vagiochori, Greece.
- SolidarityNow was established in 2013 with the support of Open Society Foundations (OSF), a grantmaking organization founded by George Soros. Our goal is to assist and support those most affected by the economic and humanitarian crises in Greece.
- Implement Greek language classes per the refugee population needs.
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of children, teenagers and adults.
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education.
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs.
- Update and maintain effective workplans.
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes.
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy.
- Support education, recreational and various activities.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid.
- Excellent Greek and English and preferably Arabic.
- Degree – Bachelor degree in education (any subject) or Greek.
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience teaching Greek as a foreign language.
- Experience engaging with parents and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education.
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage.
- Starting Date: ASAP.
- Status: Full Time.
- If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Greek Language Teacher_Vagiochori”.
- Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter