ActionAid is recruiting a Governance Officer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Founded in 1972, ActionAid has been fighting poverty worldwide for over 30 years. In 2013, ActionAid's work reached 15 million people in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
At ActionAid we take advantage of over 30 years of knowledge and experience in fighting poverty. We don't impose solutions, but work with communities over many years to strengthen their own efforts to throw off poverty.
- Does empowering people to claim their rights sound challenging to you? Do you think you can make a difference in the lives of the most marginalized people? ActionAid Hellas (AAH) is searching for a Governance Officer, to join a global movement of committed individuals working to further human rights and defeat poverty. We are an independent, international organization that has been working since 1972 with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
- Prepare logistics and assist in tasks related to the General Assembly, Board and Board Committee meetings (minutes keeping, presentations, newsletters).
- Provide administrative support to the Country Director (travel arrangement, meetings, diary).
- Assist the Country Director in managing the operational planning and alignment of the departments.
- Support other activities based on departmental priorities.
- We are currently recruiting a dynamic professional with an academic degree in Communication, Political / Social Studies, Business Administration or other related field and at least two (2) years of working experience in administrative roles. We are looking for candidates with strong interpersonal and communication skills (Greek & English) along with the ability to multitask and work under strict deadlines.
- We offer an attractive remuneration package, along with a friendly work environment. We provide personal development opportunities, as well as opportunities to have a real impact on our societies. We embrace creativity and diversity. We operate as an equal opportunities employer, welcoming all applications regardless of gender, sexual orientation, nationality, religion or beliefs, etc.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within two (2) weeks of the closing date. Should you not hear from us during this time, do not be disappointed. Keep on following us on facebook and twitter to find a job opening that matches your profile. All applications will be treated as strictly confidential and according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).