GD Assistant / Internal Comms Referent
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
- Οι Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières/MSF) είναι μια διεθνής, ανεξάρτητη, ιατρική ανθρωπιστική οργάνωση που παρέχει ιατρική φροντίδα σε ανθρώπους αποκλεισμένους από την υγειονομική περίθαλψη, σε θύματα βίας, φυσικών καταστροφών ή ενόπλων συγκρούσεων. Δρα με μοναδικό κριτήριο τις ιατρικές ανάγκες, ανεξάρτητα από φυλετικά, θρησκευτικά ή πολιτικά κριτήρια με στόχο την ανακούφιση του ανθρώπινου πόνου αλλά και την ευαισθητοποίηση της κοινής γνώμης για τις ανθρωπιστικές κρίσεις που μαίνονται στον πλανήτη.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
GD Assistant / Internal Comms Referent, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Medecins Sans Frontieres is an international independent medical humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF Greece, was founded in 1990 and is one of the 23 partner sections of MSF International. Since 2004 MSF-Greece, in close cooperation with MSF Spain forms part of the Operational Centre Barcelona-Athens (OCBA).
- The General Director (GD) leads the executive of MSF Greece and is also a member of the Operational Centre Barcelona - Athens (OCBA) Management Team. The General Director together with the MSF Greece Management Team (MT), executes the strategic vision the delivery of our MSF mission in line with the governing oversight of the Board of Directors.
The Management Team comprises of the GD and 4 directors of departments. The MT is responsible for developing and leading the delivery of the annual and strategic plans.
The GD Assistant / Internal Communication Referent is responsible for providing comprehensive, proactive and professional administrative, diary and travel support to the GD to enable the GD and their office to function as smoothly as possible. S/he will also provide secretariat support to the Management Team. As Internal Communication Referent plays a key role in guiding the different internal communications initiatives throughout MSF Greece, in order to harmonize internal communications, engage staff and guide internal communication requests.
Executive Assistant to the General Director
- Pro-actively manage the diary of the GD including:
- That the diary is up to date and reactive to the needs of the GD, and s/he is well briefed in advance of any engagements.
- Filtering general information, queries, phone calls and invitations directed to the GD.
- Co-ordinate international travel, visa and accommodation requirements, and process travel expenses.
- Organize meetings on behalf of GD, including those between the GD and direct reports and external contacts.
- Pro-actively draft correspondence and other communications, such briefings, and presentations, often to high-level recipients and of a complex and sensitive nature.
- Proactively follow the GD’s workload, following up on any outstanding issues and priorities to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Liaise with high-level stakeholders within MSF and externally.
- Coordinate and prepare other meetings and larger events as required, including agenda, reading materials and minutes.
- Follow up outstanding issues which emerge from the GD’s work, priorities and meetings to ensure deadlines are met.
Planning and co-ordination support for the Management team (MT)M
- Manage the cycle of MT meetings, including scheduling meetings, develop agendas, minutes and following up actions and decisions.
- Liaise with relevant internal stakeholders to lead on or support the coordination of MT led moments.
- Work with the Board of Directors Executive Committee & the Association Coordinator to ensure relevant linkages between MT and Board meetings.
Administration for the General Direction & International Projects
- Manage and continuously improve information management systems related to the GD Office and the Management Team, including relevant SharePoint Group.
- When required provide diary and travel booking and other ad hoc administrative support to the members of the MT.
- Support the GD and the MT with administrative support in the implementation of international projects like the Odyssey Initiative, Cyprus involvement of MSF Greece and any future new project.
Internal Communication Referent
- Implement the internal communication strategy for MSF Greece and update when needed.
- Develop and implement a yearly internal communication plan for the MT, in conjunction with the directors.
- Measure the effectiveness of the internal communication strategy and activities.
- Produce content for internal communication channels. Production / drafting of the MSF Greece internal newsletter. Stimulate voluntary contributions by staff, expatriate and national.
- Lead internal communication throughout MSF Greece to optimize use of resources and to guide internal communication requests.
- Drafts and disseminates weekly and monthly reports of the operational activity in Greece.
- Supports the organization of internal information events.
- Stimulates the internal debate on issues affecting MSF, whether through existing tools or the establishment of new activities. Encourages and makes visible the positions taken by the headquarters staff, expatriate and national.
- Acts as knowledge and information management representative for MSF Greece.
- Keeps in line with ICT and digital developments within MSF.
- Higher degree (BSc or MSc) or relevant qualification in Communication.
- At least 4 years of experience of writing and producing qualitative communications publications. Excellent attention to detail and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Experience with development and management of digital and new media platforms.
- Experience working in a PA or administrative role in a dynamic environment requiring flexibility, tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts and information.
- Ability to arrange and coordinate the facilities for events, conferences and workshops.
- Experience of coordinating and delivering internal communication strategies.
- Ability to translate complex or technical messages into engaging stories that resonate with the internal audience.
- Ability to build positive, proactive relationships with colleagues to enhance and improve internal communications, problem solving where necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English (French is an asset).
- Advanced level in the use of the Office 365 IT package, e.g. SharePoint, Outlook email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and specialist equipment, e.g. AV/VC conferencing.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically, verbally and in writing, face-to-face and over the telephone.
- Courteous and customer focused and a comprehensive understanding of the quality of service this particular type of role provides.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF.
- Experience or understanding of the NGO sector.
- Experience of working in an international organization.
- Full-time based in Athens office.
- Please send your CV and a Motivation letter in English in one file quoting reference code “GD Assistant/Internal Comms Referent” in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Send your Documentation via email at email@example.com, quoting reference code "GD Assistant/Internal Comms Referent" in the subject line of the e-mail.