Greenpeace is recruiting a Fundraising Director, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Greenpeace exists because this fragile earth deserves a voice. It needs solutions. It needs change. It needs action.
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning organisation that acts to change attitudes and behaviour. Greenpeace is present in more than 55 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Pacific.
To maintain its independence, Greenpeace does not accept donations from governments or corporations but relies on contributions from individual supporters and foundation grants.
Greenpeace has been campaigning against environmental degradation since 1971 when a small boat of volunteers and journalists sailed into Amchitka, an area north of Alaska where the US Government was conducting underground nuclear tests. This tradition of 'bearing witness' in a non-violent manner continues today, and our ships are an important part of all our campaign work.
- The Fundraising Director will set and deliver the growth strategy for Greenpeace Greece. The successful candidate will lead a dedicated team of fundraisers and provide them with the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which in turn will enable the organization to achieve its online and offline fundraising income and donor targets. The Fundraising Director is a member of Greenpeace Greece’s Senior Management Team (SMT) and as such the post-holder will be expected to play a proactive role in the overall management of the organization.
- Provide strategic leadership to the planning, development and implementation of fundraising strategy.
- Produce cost- effective budgets to achieve action plans and identify new potential income streams.
- Develop and evolve systems for planning, delivery, implementation, tracking, monitoring and evaluation, to create a cycle of continuous learning and development.
- Lead the yearly giving development plan for Greenpeace Greece, which includes recruitment and development of new donors.
- Establish effective supporter journeys for the development of retention.
- Ensure cross-functional working with Engagement and Campaign teams to develop a truly integrated fundraising strategy.
- Manage an effective fundraising team that delivers fundraising income targets.
- Oversee the management of income programs, supporting staff as necessary and ensuring production of effective, high-quality proposals and reports.
- Managing workload and performance through regular one-to-ones, annual performance reviews and personal development programs.
- Organizational strategic planning and development.
- Income and expenditure budgeting.
- Advising members of SMT on the availability of funds and the viability of obtaining funds to support campaign initiatives and any other decision to organizational development (beyond FR).
- Leading (under ED and with participation of other SMT members) the annual planning process and the 3 years Strategic Plan process.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar fundraising role with strategic funding track record in a national/ international organization.
- Proven track record in online and offline fundraising that has directly resulted in increased income for an organization.
- Successful, significant and relevant achievement at trouble shooting.
- Experience of developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
- Experience of Audience Segmentation and usage of Insights to inform a marketing strategy.
- Solid experience of Database-Driven-Marketing and demonstrate good understanding of CRM systems.
- Proven experience in leadership roles, managing teams and managing complex budget.
- Have a good understanding of the digital landscape and the use of analytics to map donors and prospects’ online behavior with an end view to diversifying our online activation and conversion touch-points.
- Be ultra-confident with setting KPIs, putting together and monitoring budgets and different income scenarios and making swift decisions to remedy potential shortfalls.
- Excellent organizational competencies: Professionalism, Teamwork, Communication, Innovative, strategic thinking and global mindset.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work autonomously, take initiative and make decisions.
- High level of emotional intelligence and integrity.
- Fluency in written and spoken Greek and English.
- Good sense of responsibility and commitment to confidentiality.
- Innovative and solution driven personality keeping up with technologies trends.
- Commitment to Greenpeace core values and strategic direction.
- Experience in NGO’s and fundraising techniques will be valued.
- Previous similar experience or campaigning experience will be highly appreciated.
- Previous exposure to Greenpeace either as a volunteer or supporter.
- You will be a part of a global organization, with the opportunity to acquire new skills and grow professionally. Salary is according to Greenpeace’s Greece salary grid. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV and Cover Letter) in English to email@example.com email address by 30th August 2019. Please use the email subject line: Fundraising Director application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can find a more detailed Job Description here: http://bit.ly/2GF8MzN .
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.
How to Apply
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover Letter.
- Send your Documentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference code "Fundraising Director application" in the subject line of the e-mail.