Full Stack Developer
OPAP is recruiting a Full Stack Developer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- The Full Stack Developer will be a member of an agile software development team responsible for designing and implementing full blown software solutions in an extensive portfolio of existing software products.
The right incumbent must be a forward-thinking individual, who will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, can deliver results under tight schedules and appreciates a start-up culture while being part of a large group of companies.
- Participates in all phases of the development life-cycle, focusing on designing, coding and unit testing.
- Develops and maintains functional and stable applications to meet company’s needs.
- Design and implements highly scalable solutions for unpredictable traffic patterns.
- Follows standard code practices and builds reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Implements security and data protection mechanisms.
- Optimizes the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Contributes in application strategy and planning.
- Stays up-to-date with emerging technologies and formulates concepts and ideas for additional products, tools and services to be provided.
- BSc in Information Technology or other relevant field. Master's Degree will be prefered.
- 5+ years of experience in developing software systems.
- Strong programming abilities in OOP Java; excellent knowledge of Spring Framework and Spring Boot.
- Extensive experience in relational and non-relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB) as well as Object-Relational mapping tools (e.g. Hibernate).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with build and CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Knowledge of RESTful API design principles.
- Sample projects in Github and contributions to open projects will be appreciated.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently both on own initiative and within a team.
- Excellent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written).
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.