Full Stack Developer
LearnWorlds is recruiting a Full Stack Developer, to be based
in Various locations.
- LearnWorlds is a fast-growing, innovative, e-learning company serving customers in over 60 countries. Founded in mid-2014, we are a UK company with offices in Greece and Cyprus. LearnWorlds is driven by a highly competitive team, that leads by example, with strong background in e-learning, innovation and digital technologies. We design and implement optimal digital learning experiences and help our clients satisfy their students while maximizing their profits.
Working at LearnWorlds offers you a chance to be a part of a successful, internationally focused, fun and enthusiastic team. We are looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals that want to join us and help us form together a company that is a model of social contribution and successful entrepreneurship.
- You'll be in charge of adding new functionality to our codebase, and figure out the best way to do it, using our best practices and processes. You’ll also have to make judgment calls and be a smart decision maker, rather than a passive player waiting for the next assignment.
- You will get the chance to get involved in intriguing UI projects such as our Interactive Video Authoring tool, the Site and Page Builder, the interactive eBook and a lot more.
- You will be working closely with our designers, engineers, product management, sales and operations on expanding the application and adding new features. Hence, you have to get along well with your colleagues and always to be ready to help get things done. You enjoy working on projects with multiple people and share knowledge.
- You will participate in the whole life-cycle of the project. You’ll get involved from start to finish and will be expected to communicate project status on a daily basis to your scrum team.
- Proven 5+ years experience of Object-oriented software development (we use PHP).
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Solid understanding of web standards and usability.
- Sufficient knowledge in NoSQL (we mainly use MongoDB) & MySQL.
- Experience with building and maintaining RESTful API's.
- Basic devops knowledge preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Server, Nginx / Apache, Homestead / Vagrant.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Enthusiastic, determined, organized, self-motivated, able to manage time and focus.
- Team-player, with incredible work ethic and close attention to detail.
- Flexible to work on different time zone schedules.
- Has past experience with LMS system.
- Contributions to Open Source.
- Webpack, VueJS.
- Love to cook!
- Competitive compensation and bonuses.
- Career opportunity in a dynamic, growing business with global clientele.
- Ownership and challenge in your work.
- Continuing education opportunities as well as access to e-courses for acquiring new skills.
- Collaborate with intelligent and highly skilled co-workers.
- Fun, energetic and business casual work environment.
- Company Culture that is committed to work-life balance for each and every employee. Our goal is for our partners to be happy and creative.
- Annual company retreats in sunny Chania, Crete and Limassol, Cyprus.
- Your success will be recognized and appreciated. You’ll be able to see your direct impact on our growth as our performance improves.
- We have a startup mentality and love getting things done quickly. We are always very busy, so if you love being productive, proactive and pushing code to production frequently, you will feel right at home.
- The possition is based in Chania, Athens, Limassol, or Remote.