Full Stack Developer
Ferryhopper is recruiting a Full Stack Developer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Ferryhopper is a newly launched web tool which aims to simplify ferry travelling across Greece, Italy and Turkey. Ferryhopper was the first to establish ferry travel with correspondence in intermediate islands. Our goal is to promote ferry-hopping culture, enhance the booking and travelling experience and provide exceptional customer service.
We embrace a culture where simple words like innovation, team spirit, passion, development, fun and technology form our strategy and define our actions.
- We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join Ferryhopper team in Athens. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of new front-end and back-end features of the online ferry booking platform ferryhopper.com. We value people who take pride in their work and enjoy the challenge involved in delivering outstanding results.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using state-of-the-art software development practices.
- Integrate software components into a functional software system.
- Develop functional front-end modules in JS, focusing on upgraded UI/UX.
- If not a full stack expert, candidates should be at least experts on front-end technologies and have a good grasp on cloud technologies.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- 2 - 3 years of experience in Web Applications Development (open-source or freelancing counts).
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in front-end technologies: Vue.js and related front-end frameworks, webpack, Sass.
- Web Service development.
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, MariaDB).
- Wide experience in the use of git version control systems and issue tracking tools.
- Extended experience with microservices architectures.
- Working experience of Amazon AWS.
- Experience in RESTful APIs.
- Good comprehension of SOAP Services.
- Graph and NoSQL databases.
- Symfony/Laravel Framework.
- Auth0 and similar authentication mechanisms.
- All applications will be treated confidentially.