Front-End Web Developer
OPAP is recruiting a Front-End Web Developer - Tora Wallet, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- OPAP is one of the most recognized Group of companies in Greece, listed on the Athens Exchange.
In order to best serve the Group's rapid development, business efficiency and customer service excellence, the Group welcomes talents and recruits outstanding professionals who will become part of the team that will make OPAP a globally competitive Greek Company, so as to contribute even more to the Greek economy and our Society.
At the same time, by investing in the training and development of all employees through constant training courses, the company safeguards the further developing and strengthening of talent so as to guarantee the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Company.
- Tora Wallet S.A., member of OPAP Group, is an Electronic Money Institution, licensed and regulated by the Bank of Greece, employing talented and highly knowledgeable people in the area of payments, e-money and other innovative services. We are operating through a wide network of certified representatives spanning the Greek region, which includes OPAP stores and other retail locations, while at the same time preparing to launch our unique electronic channel offerings.
The ideal candidate will be a member of a flexible and dynamic IT team that will be challenged to work in one of the most prominent fields of technology and business in the global and European market today, fintech. The Front-End Web Developer is responsible for creating scalable and responsive web applications. He/she will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
The candidate must be a forward-thinking individual, who will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, can deliver results under tight schedules and appreciates a start-up culture with the additional benefits of being part of a large group of companies.
- Designs, builds and maintains efficient, reusable and reliable front-end code.
- Participates in all phases of the development life cycle, including analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Works with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements and to ensure application UI meets functional requirements.
- Builds cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Helps maintain product quality.
- Identifies UI problems and bugs and devises elegant solutions.
- Collaborates with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability.
- Produces and maintains product documentation.
- Makes strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- Stays up-to-date with emerging technologies and trends.
- BSc in Information Technology field. MSc degree will be preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development for high-concurrency enterprise web applications, preferably in a fintech company or a payment services provider.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience in server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience in server-side project automation tools regarding backend / frontend package management (npm / bower, yarn etc.) and building (gulp).
- Adept in responsive web design.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience in consuming web services and REST APIs.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Understanding implementation in mobile app web views.
- Experience of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Skilled in understanding business and technical requirements, and converting them into working code.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently both on own initiative and within a team.
- Excellent use of Greek and English languages (oral and written).
- Completed military obligations (for male candidates).
- The company offers excellent career opportunities and a competitive compensation package, based on the qualifications of the candidate.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.