Front-end Software Engineer
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Front-end Software
Engineer, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
We offer the opportunity to work on state-of-the-art technology stacks and a global, financial-technology product vision.
We organize our teams using the concepts of Dual-track Agile (Scrum) methodologies and expect candidates to be ready to contribute across product discovery, development, optimization, QA and continuous integration.
Our recruitment process starts with an on-line coding test and includes up to approx. 4 interviews.
Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete clauses is expected.
- Mastery of advanced JS, HTML, and CSS.
- Active interest in reading-up on the latest JS frameworks and libraries such as React, Flux, D3, Leaflet, WebGL, and more.
- Demonstrable experience (3 years or more) in engineering real-world web applications of medium-to-large scope and complexity (experience with websites is not really relevant); FinTech experience welcome,
- Solid technical design and architecture knowledge.
- Familiarity with cloud computing and how to optimally configure and tune web stack in the cloud.
- A keen eye for interaction design and finishing touches; passion for building intuitive web interfaces that present data in compelling ways.
- Speed in understand business and building working UI (e.g. prototypes).
- Substantial experience with Agile/SCRUM, including experience as SCRUM master.
- Ability to work effectively with remote teams (e.g. experience with Slack).
- Great attitude towards work and people; amazing ability to get stuff done, a sense of urgency and ownership over the product.
- Masters or Bachelors university degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (company’s working language).
- Competitive salary and up to 10% or 15% bonus (depending on seniority).
- Opportunity to work in a young, driven team with an exciting, global vision in the highly entrepreneurial domain of Shipping.
- Fun and well equipped work environment.
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.