Atypon is recruiting a Front-End Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- Atypon helps online publishers deliver mission-critical content to practitioners and researchers in every field.
Here at Atypon, we are passionate about technology: not software for software’s sake, but tools that further the pursuit and distribution of knowledge. Atypon develops software that lets publishers manage, market, and monetize any type of content.
Today Atypon has over 200 clients, including some of the world’s largest publishers; several date back to our first years in business. Literatum is home to nearly 100,000 individual publications, 919 publication websites, 45% of the world’s peer-reviewed English-language research journals—and publications in over a dozen other languages. The platform logs more than 3 billion user sessions annually.
- We seek a Front-End Developer with a strong web portfolio that includes high traffic websites. The candidate must write clean, efficient and semantic code with a keen eye for pixel accuracy, a desire to implement tight designs, and an eye for interactions. The ideal candidate is passionate about the web and is (or aims to be) a respected contributor to the community.
- Interface Development & Prototyping (Work with UX Design Team to translate Designs into working HTML5 prototypes).
- Research and Experimentation.
- Application Integration.
- 3-5 years of experience developing interfaces for web and mobile.
- Ability to build high performance responsive websites.
- Ability to code cross-browser/platform gracefully.
- Respect of industry-accepted standards, specifications and best practices.
- Ability to learn new interface techniques as needed.
- Ability to quickly draft working prototypes that evolve into a real app.
- SCSS/SASS, PostCSS, or other CSS Preprocessor.
- Experience with responsive frameworks like Bootstrap.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. GIT).
- Using, implementing, refining JS Task Runners.
- SVG icons.
- Working knowledge of server environments.
- Some backend application development experience.
- Some web design experience.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.