Welcome is recruiting a Front-End Engineer, to be based
in Athens, Greece.
- We make every new city feel like home! Welcome acts like your personal travel concierge covering all your in-destination requests starting from the very first one, the pickup from the airport.
We are a strong and lean team, building a global travel company. Welcome launched in the beginning of 2015 Athens, Greece, will welcome more than 1,000,000 travelers in 2019, grows with more than 150% per year, has the highest customer satisfaction score in the travel industry surpassing Airbnb and Tripadvisor (+86 NPS), and is currently expanding in many more cities.
- We're looking for enthusiastic and resourceful software engineers who are passionate about building great products, someone who loves being part of a team, whilst enjoying the autonomous nature of his work.
- Develop and improve application features for our core products using industry best practises.
- Collaborates with Product Management team to ensure their technical feasibility.
- Maintains an efficient and user-friendly environment that exceeds our guests’ expectations.
- Develop robust and testable code for our client interfaces.
- Conduct daily search to stay up to date with the latest trends and new features that can take our tech to a new level.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Experience in using Git Versioning.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Excitement about new technologies & front-end performance optimization.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Excited to mentor other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Enthusiastic and curious: always eager to learn and pass on knowledge to the rest of the team.
- Strong empathy: We are a group of people who are willing to step in another person’s shoes and we are looking for someone to tag along!
- Start-up experience is essential as the ideal candidate must be able to illustrate where you’ve encountered difficulty.
- Further education or experience in the technology field will be considered a strong asset.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- An amazing workspace, filled with energetic people.
- The tools you need to successfully perform your daily tasks.
- The unique opportunity to join “the next big thing” at the ground level.
- Monthly company drinks & activities.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.