French Cultural Mediator
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
French Cultural Mediator, to be based in Samos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
- Make the bridge between MSF beneficiaries (people on the move, migrant and refugee communities) and MSF staff and care givers during medical and psycho - social consultations, by addressing potential negative consequences of language barriers, socio-cultural differences, discrimination and tensions and by fostering their removal.
- Assure the translation between the medical doctor and the patient in his/her mother tongue.
- Assure that the translation is adequate, neutral, accurate and understandable to all involved parties.
- Support all the medical activities as well as health promotion activities when needed.
- Accompany beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Fluency in French is mandatory (spoken & written).
- Good knowledge of English and Greek.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Valid residence and work permit for Greece essential.
- Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation an asset.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Computer literacy an asset.
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Duration: 4 months contract (with 1 month probation period).
- Location: Samos.
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “French CM Samos" in the subject line of the e-mail
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.