French / Cultural Mediator
Γιατροί Χωρίς Σύνορα (Médecins Sans Frontières)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is recruiting a
French / Cultural Mediator, to be based in Chios-Samos, Greece.
- Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
- Support MSF medical staff to ensure the provision of high quality medical services.
- Assure the translation between the medical doctor and the patient in his/her mother tongue.
- Ensure that the translation is adequate, neutral, accurate and understandable to all involved parties.
- Support all the medical activities as well as health promotion activities when needed.
- Accompany beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Fluency in French is mandatory (spoken & written).
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Good knowledge of English or Greek.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Full time position.
- Duration: 3 months (possibility of indefinite extension).
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy.
- Private insurance.
- Flexibility to travel (possible temporary detachment to another site of the project).
- Starting Date: Immediately.
- All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “French / CM Samos".