Freight & Demurrage Analyst
Signal Maritime is recruiting a Freight & Demurrage Analyst, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Signal Maritime is a commercial ship management company with a twist. A spin-off from Thenamaris Ships Management, a company that has been setting industry standards for approximately 40 years, we aim to bring together shipping best practice with internet-age advanced analytics and management methods.
The company’s focus is placed on producing sustainable, responsive, high-performance commercial management for a growing, modern fleet.
The leadership team comprises the former joint CEO of Thenamaris, the former chartering manager, three other senior ex-Thenamaris executives and an experienced banker, boasting a total collective experience of more than fifty years in ship management at the highest level. The differentiating start-up mix is completed by strategists, energy market analysts, data scientists and developers.
- We are looking for a junior-level versatile Freight & Demurrage Analyst who is interested in pursuing a career in a newly established, dynamic and innovative shipping group.
The Freight & Demurrage Analyst is responsible for the collection of all the accounts and claims, in respect of each vessel or voyage, from the time the vessel is fully fixed until all accounts are settled with Charterers, Shippers/Receivers, Brokers, as well as with the owners of chartered vessels.
This is an integral role within the Operations Department, responsible for the freight collection process, i.e. for quickly collecting and/or securing freights, hires or other claimed amounts due to the owners of the vessels. The role will report directly to the company’s Operations Manager.
- Handling post fixture and freight collection (freight/demurrage claims and disbursements).
- Issuing hire statements, freight invoices, final hire statements and other required documentation, and forwarding them to Charterers for prompt settlement.
- Issuing and preparing claims raised during voyage execution.
- Handling Post fixture for all charter parties ensuring that requirements are followed.
- Calculating & analyzing demurrage costs.
- Cross checking Port Authorities and Agents’ disbursements invoices.
- Negotiating with charterers on any dispute or discrepancies, to resolve them amicably, and gathering all required evidence.
- Providing all supporting material to company Lawyers when a dispute cannot be settled amicably.
- Collaborating with (international) shipping legal bodies and proactively defending company's position.
- Strict adherence to Confidentiality, Intellectual Property and Non-Compete provisions is expected.
- BSc/MSc in Shipping Management, Marine Policy, Marine Law, Business Administration or a related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in similar Department (i.e. Tanker Operations, Freight, Disbursements, Claims Handling).
- Understanding of basic shipping terminology.
- Knowledge of post fixture handling (i.e. freights collections/claims, disbursements and bunkers acquisitions).
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing working conditions (i.e. new vessel sizes, segments, markets).
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business stakeholders.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
The following will be considered as a bonus:
- Experience on tanker and/or dry bulk carriers.
- Advanced IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Junior-level competitive salary, and up to 15% performance discretionary bonus/incentive.
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan.
- Indicate the source of the advertisement in your application: douleuw.gr.
- The interview process may include a short quiz to help us better appreciate your knowledge and the way you think.
Αυτή η θέση εργασίας δεν δέχεται πλέον αιτήσεις