Financial Compliance Officer
Trafigura is recruiting a Financial Compliance Officer,
to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Founded in 1993, Trafigura is one of the largest physical commodities trading groups in the world. Trafigura sources, stores, transports and delivers a range of raw materials (including oil and refined products and metals and minerals) to clients around the world.
The trading business is supported by industrial and financial assets, including 49.3 percent owned global oil products storage and distribution company Puma Energy; global terminals, warehousing and logistics operator Impala Terminals; Trafigura's Mining Group; and Galena Asset Management.
The Company is owned by around 600 of its 4,300 employees who work in 66 offices in 38 countries around the world.
Trafigura has achieved substantial growth over recent years, growing revenue from USD12 billion in 2003 to USD180.7 billion in 2018. The Group has been connecting its customers to the global economy for more than two decades, growing prosperity by advancing trade.
- Prevents the organisation from breaching relevant rules and regulations such as sanctions and anti-money laundering.
- Be responsible for preparing and submitting any Exchange applications that the business may require.
- Have a good understanding of hedge exemptions and ensure we comply with the exchange rules in this regard and re apply for these in good time.
- Review and prepare responses on all exchange and regulatory enquiries.
- Prepare and submit regulatory outreach we receive from our counterparties and brokers.
- Investigate and resolve the market abuse alerts the back office escalate to compliance.
- Assist compliance management on the completion of all regulatory threshold calculations and notifications to regulators.
- Perform monitoring to ensure compliance of our regulatory transaction reporting.
- Assist compliance management monitor and communicate relevant Exchange rules to the business including but not limited to position limits for both swaps and futures contracts, execution procedures for EFP’s, EFS’s, block trades etc.
- Assist compliance management to ensure all required ISDA documentation is in place for all inter-affiliate and associated company swaps.
- Perform ad hoc duties as directed by compliance management.
- 3 - 6 years compliance or legal experience in commodity related financial markets, ideally with time spent at a major European or US commodity futures exchange.
- Good knowledge of Derivative markets and Futures exchange rules.
- Basic knowledge of global financial regulatory regimes.
- Excellent English language communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interact at different levels of the business effectively.
- Good communicator (written and aural) in order to deal with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. banks and exchanges, clearing houses).
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver “difficult messages”.
- Manage and maintain good working relationships.
- Trained to work around a problem and find alternatives.
- Good relationships with back offices (derivative ops trade support etc.)
- Permanent contract
- Indicate the source of the job position in your application: douleuw.gr.