Finance Business Partner
Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is recruiting a Finance Business Partner for the Buying Department, to be based in Athens, Greece.
- Alfa Beta Vassilopoulos Group is one of the largest retail chains with 298 Super Markets, 16 Cash & Carry, 141 franchise stores and more than 14 000 employees. Alfa Beta is a member of Ahold Delhaize Group that operates a network of 22 companies in 3 continents (11 countries), 370 000 employees and is trusted by more than 50 million customers on a weekly basis.
- The Finance Business Partner, is a member of the Finance Team, supporting the day-to-day operation of the Buying Department and acting as an integrated member of the Buying team. He/She is responsible for reporting, measuring and contributing to the business plans, drives the planning cycle, challenges the operations on how to improve performance and follows up on projects and strategic initiatives.
- Helps in the development of the Buying Department strategy, providing adequate management information for decision making and builds business cases and investment analysis.
- Supports, challenges and helps to develop reliable forecasts and budgets prior to formal reviews by the leadership team.
- Prepares periodical reporting and analysis including explanations, corrective actions and insights as agreed with business, resulting in a better alignment between commercial and financial results (e.g. analysis of performance against vendor allowances’ budget/forecast/latest estimate, total shrink, breakdown in write-offs & inventory differences per category, format/region/store).
- Monitors and reviews margin performance, category insights and margin build-up (regular and promo share, regular and promo margin) per gross-profit stream and netting with respective subsidization.
- Sets, reports and tracks Buying Department KPIs.
- Ensures the maintenance of right processes, policies and controls according to the risk & control framework
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Marketing or any other equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in a large Greek or Multinational company preferably in the FMCG or Retail industry. Experience in similar role will be considered a strong asset.
- Excellent command of English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office with emphasis on Excel. SAP and Hyperion knowledge will be considered an asset.
- Good knowledge of the business & processes of Finance and Buying Department.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of numerical data.
- Results orientation, accountability and resourcefulness.
- Advanced communication & interpersonal skills, ability to build network & partnerships.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances & multicultural environment.
- The company offers a competitive remuneration package and excellent career prospects.
- All applications will be treated as confidential.
- Indicate the source of the job vacancy in your application: douleuw.gr.